There are many technologies that are often used to shore up inaccuracies in inventory, such as warehouse management software with barcoding systems, RFID and pick-to-light. These technologies can help reduce errors, if implemented correctly. However, none of them can eliminate errors completely and a poorly implemented system can actually make things worse. All groundwork should be completed before implementing additional systems.
The steps we’ll cover in this article won’t need you to reinvent your whole business; they just offer a simple method to improve the accuracy of your inventory data. How you follow and use these steps will determine if you will succeed or fail.
The following are the basic steps we referred to previously. The organization’s attitude must include a fundamental commitment to maintaining accurate inventories. It is important for all employees to feel they are responsible for quality, customer service, plant safety and accuracy throughout the organization.
Clearly understanding the organization’s procedures will prevent any negative affects on inventory. When you are defining the processes, you must be alert to situations where errors could occur and include changes that would effectively eliminate or at least minimize them.
At this point, you implement the process just defined to document the steps the workers will take to maintain an accurate count of the inventory. The procedures documented here should not be limited to inventory issues; they should be the complete procedure, including quality, physical aspects and safety.
It does not count when one just hands a written procedure for this type of training. Any expectations for procedures must be reviewed and explained to assure employee understanding. Take as long as you want to ascertain they are fully conversant with the methods.
I am a huge supporter when it comes to formally testing all employees on current procedures. This is the only way to find out if they, first of all, read them and if they actually understood what they have read.
Monitor Process for Compliance. Now that you’ve set rules, make sure that they are followed – beginning straight away. Whenever an employee’s actions deviate from the written procedures, they must be addressed with the relevant employee immediately.
In addition, I promote setting minimum accuracy and production standards whenever possible. It’s needed that you do your research to ensure that standards are set high but are also achievable.
Whether you have set standards or not, I still suggest you track accuracy organizationally and individually. When you measure accuracy tracking, you should always consider it as a percentage of your total transactions.
Employees will be held accountable for all following documented procedures. Procedures have been implemented and individuals have been trained, which uses time and money resources. Occasionally, disciplinary action must be taken to correct an individual who refuses to follow the expected procedures.
We would like to believe that since we have taken the above steps, we can now assume our inventory is accurate. You will have to count it to determine the accuracy, as well as determining areas needing additional evaluation.
It is important to always evaluate and re-evaluate all of your processes and procedures. Cycle count results will inform you of the required system improvements. Business conditions often change and new processes are added, which will require evaluation.
This is a step by step process; every step builds upon the previous step. Even though the process for improving inventory accuracy is fairly simple, it can prove to be very demanding.
Powerful headlines help you attract the attention of audience, deliver a compelling message and pull the reader into the book copy. If no one notices your sales copy, it is then worthless creating it. A headline therefore must attract the attention. You can use powerful words in the headline like “free”. Your headline should not irritate or confuse your prospects. It is important to attract the attention of right people at the right time. You need to include appropriate keywords in the headline. The headline should induce the reader to keep reading.
Certain simple, yet effective methods can help you create powerful headlines
• The headline should be simple and straightforward. You can use as many words as you want to describe the benefits of your product and cut out the less important words. You can use different fonts and sizes. The headline can be long or short, provided it attracts the attention of your prospect.
• It is always worthwhile spending enough time to think clearly and analyze on the problems troubling your prospects. For instance, if you are trying to sell a new diet product for the middle aged, you need to pay attention to the health issues they are interested in. They may want to look younger than their age or looking to avoid diseases like heart attack, cancer and stroke. You need to address these issues, while creating a headline for your sales copy.
• The problem has to be handled in a readable format so that your visitors cannot resist reading. Most of the internet marketers do not want to use the problem as their headline. They prefer focusing on the solution. However, a problem based headline can attract more readers. Nevertheless, if you hesitate using your prospect’s distressing problem in your headline, you can avoid this technique.
• Generally, headlines with “how to” work well. You can apply the how to instinct in order to create powerful headlines. For instance, ‘how to earn extra money from home’ or ‘how to quit smoking within a month’ are examples of powerful headlines.
• It is a fact that people love news, so you can create your headline in a manner that specifies some news instead of simply advertising.
• You can use a provocative question to make your headline powerful. You need to remember that the question should not be a random one. Instead, it must directly and obviously relate to the main benefit of your product.
• You can offer valuable information in the headline. It is an important secret for creating powerful headlines, but most of the marketers do not understand its importance. People want information and they can be attracted by a headline that promises useful information.
• People do not like advertisements, if they are inaccurate and dishonest. You can add something extra to your headline to make it true.
• You can try a testimonial headline to attract your readers. The testimonial headline can present a third party endorsement of your product/service. People generally want to know what other people think about a product. The testimonial headline uses this fact to grasp the attention of the readers.
• You can use numbers in your headline, which can help attract more attention. For instance, 7 things you need to know, 5 simple steps, 3 effective ways and so on.
Creating a powerful headline is the most important aspect of writing a sales copy. It helps generate a good impression about your product. If you do not use powerful words in your headline, your article can be go unnoticed by readers. If no one notices your copy, you cannot earn decent profits. With the help of good online resources, it is possible to discover hot keywords that have the ability to persuade your readers and learn how to use them properly in the headline.